Re: RollBack TableSpaces

From: Halina Monka <toyr002_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/08/26

Massimo Ferrari wrote:

> grant_at_towersoft.com.au (Fuzzy) wrote:
>
> >kdonovan_at_edgewater.com (Kevin J. Donovan) wrote:

> >>Help !

> >>Im having some minor problems here; I have an oracle database that I
> >>created, within this DB there is a default rollback tablespace created
> >>by Oracle as well a RollBack segment that I have created. How do I
> >>explicitly state for users in a database to use a particular rollback
> >>table space in lieu of the default rollback tablespace ?
>
> For what I know, there is a list of rollback segments declared in
> initXXX.ora (default if you wish) that will be user by instance.
>
> These rollback segments are in a Tablespace (that you create them
> over). If you want that ALL users use another rollback TABLESPACE,
> just do it :
> shut the instance and restart with only the 2 system's roolback segs
> Drop all the (offline) restant rbs and create a new TS with news RBS.
> Shut all and change the init.ora for the news RBS..
> (This is all, I suppose)
>
> If you instead want only a *specific* user get the specific RBS,
> follow the indication wrote before my response .
>
> Bye !
>
> >As mentioned, you can't allocate a rollback segment to a user. You
> >can cheat, however, and take all the other rollback segments offline
> >(except the system one). This leaves only your rollback segment to be
> >used. I use this technique sometimes when I'm the only user logged
> >on, and I'm performing ridiculous data manipulation, but it is not of
> >great use in a general day-to-day environment.

> >Ciao
> >Fuzzy
> >:-)
>
> Massimo Ferrari
> m.ferrari_at_imola.nettuno.it

You CAN explicitly assign a transaction to rollback segmnet. You can do this with SET Transaction command: SET Transaction use rollback segment rbs_name; Set transaction MUST BE first statement of the transaction or you will get error.

Halina Monka Received on Mon Aug 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message