Re: Log and Checkpoint Process Question on O7.2.3 NT

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/08/25

In article <320E3B32.2AA6_at_webworldinc.com>,

   Delbert Aud <winprog_at_webworldinc.com> wrote:
>how does one determine the proper sizing for the log files.
>I have tried both small file sizes and large file sizes and am having
>trouble find the proper method in determining the optimized size.

the log should be large enuf to capture db changes while the previous log is being copied to archive. so it depends upon how much activity is present and how fast you can checkpoint the log to the archive device. look at your alert log to find out how often log switches occur during the day. if few, then decrease size; if a lot, then increase size.

--
Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.