Re: [Q] Servermanager startup-error

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_.com>
Date: 1996/08/25

In article <4vnfv7$64j_at_raptor.centroin.com.br> lsantos_at_pobox.com writes:
] moan_at_sn.no (Alexander Moan) wrote:
]
] >TK2-00001: An undefined toolkit II-error occured
] >(the error-message is translated from norwegian)
]
] I think that you are using NLS_LANGUAGE to set Oracle language to
] Norwegian. But Oracle Server Manager just has support to American
] English and US7ASCII charset.

    This isn't true,... At least, if it were true, this isn't the error you'd get--it'd tell you it couldn't find your message file.

    (It's easy enough to check whether Server Manager, or any Oracle product, runs in your language: see if there's a *.msb file for your language in the product's "mesg" directory. If it's there, we support it. If it isn't there, we probably support it anyway--talk to your sales rep about getting the message file.)

    On Motif, there are a few reasons why you'd get this error for non-ASCII character sets:

  1. You don't have a /usr/lib/X11/nls directory. For most Western European languages, you can just create the directory; for others, you'll need a language file from your OS vendor.
  2. Your fontMapCs resource needs to be set properly. Look at the guicommon*/tk2*/admin/Tk2Motif.* file (* depends on version) for your display for more information. (This is usually only an issue in Japanese.)
  3. For Oracle Toolkit 2.3 and later, you need to set the ORA_NLS environment variable. See your IUG for more information.
    • Bill K.

Bill Kaufman, | "Hush my darling / Be still my darling / wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com | The lion's on the phone,..."