SQL*Net Connection question

From: Nathan Stiltner <stiltner_at_ahoynet.com>
Date: 1996/08/24

Hi all,

I'm trying to use 32 bit SQL*Net 2.1 client on Win95 to connect to a remote Oracle 7.1.3 database on a HP 9000 server connected with a T1 line. Using it's IP address I can Telnet and FTP to it fine, however, when I use the same IP address as the host in my TNSNAMES.ORA it will not connect with SQL*Net. I've tried both 16 and 32 bit SQL*Net clients. I can use it to connect to a local Oracle database we have in a building with a similar entry in the TNSNAMES.ORA file just fine. It won't work with the remote site however. Anyone know what else I need to consider?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nathan Stiltner Received on Sat Aug 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message