Re: Coalesce Tablespace in 7.2?

From: Steve White <stwhite_at_amp.com>
Date: 1996/08/24

Hey guys,

If you don't mind a little bit of 'strange' syntax, you can use the following command:

alter session set events 'immediate trace name coalesce level TS#';

where TS# is the tablespace number of the tablespace you want to coalesce. You can get the TS# from the sys.ts$ table with

select name, ts#
from sys.ts$
where name = 'TABLESPACE_NAME'

If you are interested, in 7.3 the command is:

Alter tablespace TABLESPACE_NAME coalesce;

There is also a way to do it on 7.1.6, but that is a little more complex...

Steven Seacord and Steve White
Oracle DBA's
AMP, Inc.