Re: Straightforward Oracle 6 question

From: Randy <rmramos.gbs_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/08/24

ravi_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Ravi Singh) wrote:

>Hello,
>

> We have a tablespace consisting of a number of database files and now want
>to combine all of them into one physical file. There doesn't seem to
>be an "explicit" way doing this in Oracle 6, although there may be
>workarounds. Any idea how to do this directly?
>

>Ravi Singh

Ravi,

There is no direct way. I can't think of a way to do this in V7 either. It would be really..Reallly...really nice if all the objects of the tablespace were in the same schema...fat chance. what your goin to need to do is Identify all the objects and export them. Using export get you all the constraints and triggers, synonyms etc. Drop the tablespace and recreate it with a larger file. Import you export file. Don;t forget to remove the files associated with the tablespace at the OS level.

This would make a greate utility

Hope this Helps
R2
Independent Oracle Consultant Received on Sat Aug 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message