Re: Designer 2000 v1.2 weird problem

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/08/24

  1. Did you properly create your DES2000_Owner role and grant it to the repository owner?
  2. Did you check with Oracle on compatibility of 1.2 with Oracle 7.3? I have hear of some Designer/2000 problems related to Oracle 7.3.

wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK (Mr. Chow Wing Siu) wrote:

>I have a Ultra I with Solaris 2.5 installing 7.3.2.1 and a Pentium 133
>with 32MB RAM (and formerly a Pentium 90) at Windows 3.1 to build
>the Designer 2000 v1.2.

>When I try to build the repository, it usually and suddenly quit the
>windows and goto the DOS prompt. I use PCTCP 3.0 for my TCP stack.
>This problem generates no log file because it jumps to the DOS
>prompt without prior notice.

>I have already sufficient system space (140MB), DES2 (100MB),
>and DES2_I (100MB), RBS (100MB) and tuned the shared_memory to
>a higher level which cause an error before.

>It doesn't have much help. The similar PC configuration with
>Designer 2000 v1.0 can build on Oracle 7.1 is alright.

>Why? How to fix my problem? Thanks for help.

>--
>Johnson Chow

Michael B. Openshaw
No system is fool-proof in the hands
of a truly-dedicated Foole. Received on Sat Aug 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message