Re: SQL*NET Configuration

From: Danny Roosens <roosens>
Date: 1996/08/24

Hi,

first things first :

you must have a network connection operational :

perform ping <nodename> to check your connection

unless this gives you acces to the databse server you need to work on this (it has nothing to do with sql*net)

check /etc/hosts

once you have tcp/ip-connection

check /etc/services :

for a line containing

1524 ....... orasrv

then you must check your server where this porcess must run :

ps -ef|grep orasrv

finally check your executables to see if they are linked to sql*net

cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
nm sqlplus |grep ttt

this should give you a least one line otherwise you have to relink your executables.