Re: HELP: Cannot (re-)enable constraint

From: Randy <rmramos.gbs_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/08/23

auckland_at_probita.com (Tim Auckland) wrote:
>We're running Oracle 7.1.4 on HPUX 10.10
>
>During an import process, we disable foreign key constraints, and
>re-enable them after the import has finished.
>
>We can re-enable some of the constraints without a problem, but some,
>even referring to the same indexed table column, fail with
>
>ORA-02298 ... - parent keys not found.
>
>The parent keys definitely exist.
>
>Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Tim Auckland.

Tim

first I would check dba_constraints and make sure the status column shows the parent PK enabled.

If it is and the Whole key exists...I'm at a loss. The only other thing I can think of is check the FK table and double check that the constraint is against the PK and not UK. Other wise DISABLE the PK with cascade...REENABLE the PK....then REENABLE the FK.

Good Luck
R2
Independent Oracle Consultant Received on Fri Aug 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message