Re: Developer 2000 Memory Leaks and Resource Leaks

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/08/23

Bill Wernet wrote:

> We are developing an application using Developer 2000 Forms version
> 4.5.7 under Windows NT 3.51 (Service Pack 4) and Windows 95 (Service
> Pack 1). We have been noticing a significant number of crashes in the
> Forms Designer and runtime environments.
>
> We recently ran BoundsChecker against both environments and found what
> appear to be significant memory and resource leaks (for example, loss
> of >500,000 bytes using one window for less than 2 minutes in runtime
> mode). Is anyone else noticing similar problems or are we doing
> something wrong? There were no calls to foreign procedures and the
> like. All standard Forms stuff.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Wernet
> bill_at_jcc.com
Yes, we notice them too. We are running under Win 3.1 a form that loads images from the file system then saves them in the database. After about 500 images the runform session crashes because there are no more GDI/User resources left. It also is eating global memory at an alarming rate, but we run out of resources long before we run out of global memory.

Loyal Barber
lbarber_at_shl.com Received on Fri Aug 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message