Re: datatype sizes

From: Axel Schlueter <schluete_at_deneb.informatik.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1996/08/23

In article <321d2b0c.1100806_at_news.iac.net> gshell_at_iac.net (gshell) writes:

> Can anyone point me to a manual reference that gives the byte
> requirements for each of the Oracle datatypes. I'm trying to estimate
> the disk space requirements for a database.
> Thanks,
>
> Gary Shell

Hi Gary,

You will find what you need in the Server Administrator's Guide. In my Version 7.3 Guide the byte requirements are on page 10-20.

If your data already exists, you can also use the VSIZE-operator in a SELECT statement --- as long as you do not use LONG or LONG RAW columns.

I hope this helps

Axel Schlueter

schluete_at_informatik.uni-hannover.de Received on Fri Aug 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message