Re: Shared Pool Size and ORA-4031

From: kat <admin_at_vdoj.vic.gov.au>
Date: 1996/08/23

We had this problem on NT with V7.2.2.4.0 and have progressively upgraded through V7.2.2.4.3 and now to V7.2.2.4.6. The first upgrade fixed the ORA 4031 errors but instead caused an 'ACCESS VIOLATION' and crashed the database. We then updated the a DLL file sent by Oracle and upgraded the database to the .6 release. Now we don't get a database crash but the user session locks up and we get an entry in the CORE log. It is still an 'ACCESS VIOALTION' error but at least it affects only one user at a time. I'm waiting for Oracle to get back to me. We've been told to upgrade to V7.3 as it is a problem with V7.2.

HTH Andy Horne Received on Fri Aug 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message