Re: (no subject)

From: Dean Cunningham <deanc_at_wairc.govt.nz>
Date: 1996/08/22

mwest_at_hort.cri.nz wrote:

> Is there any way to have the file vsl.ini in one location only rather
> than having to copy it to each users windows directory in order to get
> SQLNET to work similar to the way you can point at one oracle.ini file.
> ie. ora_config=v:\orawin\oracle.ini

Whilst not an exact reply, we have sucessfully pointed the sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora to one network drive directory by adding TNS_Admin=x:\dir to the oracle.ini(this entry is not there by default). So I would suspect there is a similar paramater for vsl. Have you tried oracle support?? (assuming you are on maintanance).

Dean Cunningham                     DeanC_at_wairc.govt.nz
Computer Facilities Supervisor
Environment Waikato
Hamilton,New Zealand