Re: Win NT Versus Unix

From: <banglea_at_onr.com>
Date: 1996/08/22

I believe the biggest factor will be the CPU load. Most NT machines are limited to 4 processors in real life (I've heard that NT "supports" more, but have never heard of or seen one with more than 4). UNIX SMP scales very well as your cpu load increases. If you need 4 processors NOW, and will likely need 8 in the future, UNIX SMP is a good bet. (Door #2).

In article <4vfol5$4tf$1_at_mhafc.production.compuserve.com>, 104073.512_at_CompuServe.COM says...