Dynamically linking to OCI libraries in Windows

From: Alain Gilbert <alain.gilbert_at_silverrun.com>
Date: 1996/08/22

When programming with the oci libraries we use to dynamically linked the oracle DLL so that we can cope with an incorrect setup.

For Windows 3.1 we use "ora7win.dll",
For Windows 95 and Windows NT we use "ora7nt.dll".

Everything is fine except when Oracle introduce a new version and rename the DLL. To cope with it we also look for "ora71.dll" and "ora72.dll".

Is there a way (avoiding static linking) to find the current DLL name for the oci libraries?

TIA
Alain Gilbert Received on Thu Aug 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message