Re: ORA-06107

From: D. G. Higginbotham <dhiggi_at_aristotle.net>
Date: 1996/08/22

Dick Allie <dallie_at_ionet.net> wrote:

>Dussan Pirc wrote:
>>
>> What "ORA-06107" mean?
>>
>> I've check manuals but I can't find it....
>>
>> Dussan
>>
>> ============v====================================================
>> Dussan = Dusan
>> E-mail: dussan.pirc_at_mop.sigov.mail.si
>> HTTP: http://www.sigov.si:81/pages/gic/info/staff/pirc/home.html

>You should be able to enter on command line for unix oerr ora 6107 to
>get an explanation of oracle errors.

>This one says - NETTCP: ORACLE network server not found
> *Cause: No entry in SERVICES file for ORACLE server.
> *Action: Add ("orasrv") entry to the TCP/IP SERVICES
>file.

>Hope this helps you.

>Dick Allie - DBA Macklanburg-Duncan Oklahoma City, OK
>Mail to dallie_at_ionet.net
 Cause: No entry in SERVICES file for ORACLE server.   Action: Add ("orasrv") entry to the TCP/IP SERVICES file:

          orasrv    1525/tcp   oracle #this is oracle's
          orasrv entry

Hope this helps.
Donnie
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson Received on Thu Aug 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message