Re: How do people distribute Dev/2k

From: Chris Fischer <cfischer_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/08/22

Ellard_at_DMLIS.zynet.co.uk (Ross Ellard) wrote:

>What I was wondering is how do other companies deploy the Des/2k kit
>to their development staff as I am sure there must be others who have
>had to solve this dilema. Although all feedback is welcome I would be
>particularly interested to hear from any UK companies that have
>resolved this problem.

Sorry, here at Toys R Us, we have 75 D2K developers. We found that the only way to get good performance from the product was to install it on each PC. Yes, its a HUGE hassle and a big resource hog. Even more problematic is installing the D2K runtime software on the 1000's of clients running our applications. Thats a HUGE plus for moving to intranet development technologies and using a browser. This is the direction we are headed in.

| Chris Fischer                            cfischer_at_nando.net |
| Sr. Systems Analyst                                         |
| Toys "R" Us                                                 |
| Work: (919)676-0062       http://www.webbuild.com/~cfischer |