Re: Any one used Symetric replication?

From: Bob Leonard <farsider_at_postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: 1996/08/22

I am preparing to put a multi-master database in production with 3 facilities in the replicating to a central database. A couple of things to note, your system tablespace will need to be increased to hold the replication code. Transactions are committed in both databases at the same size. I other words if you do a really large transaction using a large rollback segment the receiving system will need just as big a rollback segment to complete the transaction. Only I know of no way to ensure that the replication user will have the biggest rollback segment ! Also deletes and updates of data send the entire before and after image of every record changed, causing considerably more transmission overhead than might otherwise be needed, one way to avoid this is to use replicated procedures to handle database udpates. Good luck with the project, mine has been interesting all along.

Bob
In article <32185B46.5BDB_at_ontonet.be>, mike.hogan_at_ontonet.be says...