Re: Oracle DB Connections and WWW

From: Bob Leonard <farsider_at_postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: 1996/08/22

What you can do is use your pro*c program to manage the connetions. You would need to maintain a table of available connections and some sort of timeout mechanism. You could design your web pages so that after initially accessing you front page, a connection id is maintained and passed with each reqest for additional data. If you do not need to maintain any sort of state information, you could simply open a number of connections and use any that are not actively processing a request to handle a new request.

Hope this helps

Bob
In article <321097FA.7ECE_at_dma.isg.mot.com>, davidb_at_dma.isg.mot.com says...