Delphi - SQL*NET - Oracle

From: George Zolla <gazolla_at_nps.navy.mil>
Date: 1996/08/21

We have a 2000 user site license for Oracle running on a Dec Alpha Workstation. I have a NT server 3.52 with Delphi 2.0, SQL*NET and I am using TCP/IP. Access to Oracle works fine and is fast.

My problem is that I need to set up more NT servers with connections to Oracle. We didn't have an SQL*NET installation program so the salesman gave me a trial NT ORACLE CDROM. I set up the NT server and then linked to Oracle using SQL*NET easy config. By the way it wasn't easy, Delphi wanted some file that were located in a windows oracle directory as well as the NT Oracle directory.

Now I want to set up some more machines to hook to Oracle but I don't want to load the whole Oracle NT server software on it.

I tried just loading what I thought were the required files which included SQL*NET. I worked on it for several hours but was never able to get it to work.

Is there anywhere that I can get an easy SQL*NET client installation application for Windows 3.1/95 and NT?

Thank you!!

--
George Zolla   gazolla_at_nps.navy.mil