Re: Import Problem...

From: John <John_at_zeitgeist.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1996/08/21

John_at_zeitgeist.compulink.co.uk (John) wrote:

>Using Oracle/7 on Novell Netware server and windows 3.11 client:

>On trying to import from a previous export file (one table from many in the
>file), Import reports success (no warnings or errors) but has not created the
>table (thus also failing to populate it). What can cause this and what can be
>done about it ?
>The Import was performed from the Windows GUI version of Import.

>This also seems to fail to be able to *both* specify a table and a user to
>import it into. Is this a feature ?
>Regards,
>John.

Further detail:
File being read for Import was produced by a full database export. I am trying to Import one table from that large file.

I have tried importing with a large (8K) buffer size; Import reports success but the database remains unchanged.

I have tried importing with a normal (1k to 4k) buffer size; Import reports buffer size to small.

The export reported success.

I am really worried about our backup situation - can anyone help ?

Regards,
John. Received on Wed Aug 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message