Designer/2000 against Oracle NetWare; HELP!!!!!!!

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/08/20

We are between DBAs and having operational problems running Designer/2000 Release 1.1
against Oracle Netware 7.1.4 (we will upgrade to Designer/2000 version 1.2 as soon as we get
enough stability to do so. The problem seems to be in rollback segments, tablespaces, SGA
configuration and/or a combination of above. We've had error messages refering to exceeding
max extents of the rollback segment when trying to use the database design wizard (7 entities),
a complete freeze up on an attempt to view some tables for reverse engineering (that required a
complete down of the server to unfreeze; shutdown abort didn't clear it.), and an inability to
allocate 71K of shared memory for using the database design wizard against one entity (the
shared_pool_size had been set at 18Meg in preparation of upgrade). Does anyone have a basic configuration scheme for Designer/2000 - Oracle NetWare combo?
Any troubleshooting hints? With the DBA market as tight as it is, it may be weeks before we get
someone to help and we're desperate.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Michael B. Openshaw
No system is fool-proof in the hands
of a truly-dedicated Foole. Received on Tue Aug 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message