Forms 4.5 Character Mode

From: Thomas R Skinner <trskin_at_gil.com.au>
Date: 1996/08/20

Is there anyone out there using Forms 4.5 character mode? We are thinking of converting from Forms 3.0 to 4.5 character running under Solaris because 'other factors' prevent the migration to full graphical.

Are there any special limitations (vs the graphical mode)? Does it in fact work at all?
We have a production system involving more than 580 forms and are looking for a 'quick' path to avoid having unsupported software.
(Forms 3.0 not being supported under Oracle 7.3)

We want to do the minimum work per form to have a running version of the same functionality as 3.0 - no mouse, no toolbar, no menu, no 'new features'.

Thank you

Thomas R Skinner
Allgas Energy Ltd
('Fixed in the next release')