Re: SQL*Net through the modem

From: Chris Little <clittle_at_valueamerica.com>
Date: 1996/08/20

I have done this myself and agree with Chuck. When connected via modem, the home PC is just another node on the network. I had SQL*Net V1 running VERY slowly from home over 14400 and 28800 baud modems. When I upgraded the network to SQL*Net V2, it didn't work anymore -- no errors, just a time-out. I've a feeling that the overhead associated with V2 was too much for the modem connection.

--

Chris Little
Value America

Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com> wrote in article
<3219c4d6.4851799_at_n5.gbso.net>...