SQL*NET Configuration

From: casey <maynard_at_taipan.nmsu.edu>
Date: 1996/08/20

I am new to Oracle and have some questions regarding configuring SEQ*NET v2.2. Our server seems to be running the oracle ver 7.2 software fine. We have one client running Windows 3.51. Even after going through the network configuration we can not connect to the server using sqlplus ver 3.1. We tried using TNSPing but were not able to get a responce from the server. How do we find the sid number and the correct service name needed to do the SEQ*NET configuration?

Joe Horton
joe_at_taipan.nmsu.edu Received on Tue Aug 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message