[Q] SCO Oracle 7.3.2 under Linux ?

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_roxy.sfo.com>
Date: 1996/08/18

Hi,

I have just got my new PC and it's gagging to have the SCO version of the Oracle RDBMS up & running :)

I have just installed Slackware96 (AKA Linux 2.0) and have the Oracle SCO 7.3.2.1.0 (production) CD-ROM. I am now making sure that my iBCS and COFF environment is all set and will start the install, hopefully, tomorrow.

I do note that the installation will be somewhat different from the 'how-to' document that has been doing the rounds (ie no 'cd_link' in <CD mount point>/orainst).

I'm wondering if anyone has trodden this path before and would care to share with me their map to the minefield that lies ahead ?

Any notes on what versions of iBCS and COFF tools are required, as well as any general installation notes would be most welcome.

I have X-posted to comp.os.linux.misc and comp.databases.oracle.

IAP Received on Sun Aug 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message