Help-ORACLE Vax diskpack upgrade trouble

From: <d000ucsad_at_bsuvc.bsu.edu>
Date: 1996/08/18

Our Oracle DBA left. So my boss told me that I am in charge of Oracle until we get another ORacle DBA. Unfortunely for me we're right in the middle of upgrading to new disk packs on our VAX.. (BTW.. Oracle version 6.2 is run on our Vax 6000-350 with VMS version 6.1). I have a few basic DBA skills but don't know Oracle that well. Anyway, I think that I changed all the ORacle logicals to point to the new disk packs.. but when ever I startup Oracle it still seems to be trying to use the old disks packs.. right now it gives me the error:

 ORA-1122 .. database file $3$dua:[oraclv6.t6]orahb.dbs failed verification check..

So then I tried to do a full export and recreate the Database and then import this exported data. This was unsuccessful.. it said something about that users, tablespaces, rollback segments were not defined. Do have have to redefine/create all users, rollback segs, tablespaces before I can to a full import.. I really am lost.. My boss and my bosses boss are both after me.. If I don't get this fixed soon - My goose is cooked!! I would GREATLY appreciate any suggestion that you may have.

Thank You,

Pete G.   Received on Sun Aug 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message