Re: ORACLE 7 Server on NT

From: Stephen Atkinson <atkinson_at_world.net>
Date: 1996/08/18

>Finally, as one using it, I would not be sure that Oracle on NT is easier
>to maintain than on Unix. Sure, in general NT is easier, however, under
>Unix, many DBA tasks can be scripted, whereas I am finding it difficult to
>script many tasks in NT.

David,

Thanks for your useful comments regarding Oracle on NT.

I'm running a 20GB 7.1 pretty happily on NT. It's certainly the easiest O/S environment to manage.

Just out of curiosity, what operations are you finding hard to automate on NT.

Cheers,
  Steve Received on Sun Aug 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message