Re: How to write encryption/de-cryption function using PL/SQL

From: GAG <gagg_at_agt.net>
Date: 1996/08/17

Try looking at the PL/SQL TRANSLATE function. When you apply a touch of imagination this routine can be easily buried in a Stored Proc. and used to encript/decript data.

Be carefull of using it in a where clause ... remember that any predicate containing a function call is a non-indexable predicate.

In article <32091748.C10_at_hkstar.com>, warrenli_at_hkstar.com says...