Re: US-CO-Boulder-Electronic Data Systems(EDS)-ORACLE DBA[no travel req.]-bdm_at_indra.com

From: Free Medicine <freemed_at_ims-1.com>
Date: 1996/08/17

Where do you think is the prettiest place in Colorado? My husband and I would like to visit this year. Any suggestions? (we don't ski!)

Engle Oak wrote:

> Jenny Farnham wrote:

> > >what i'd do to be in a blizzard right now!
> > >

> > >home sick in Austin, TX (just finished hitting 100 degree for over a
> > >week!)
> > >
> > >So how are the rental rates right now. has it topped $650 for an
> > >effeciency?
> >
> > I live in Boulder, Colorado (at the foot of the Rockies).
> > I have lived here 5 years. I used to live in Fairfax, VA.
> > I have never experienced a 3 ft blizzard yet. The winds... hmmm,
> > 125 mph? That would be a tornado. We have had a 60mph wind once...
> > but nothing like you describe. There is no humidity and yes, the
> > "over 300 days of sunshine" is accurate. I rarely wear a coat
> > in the winter because the air is so dry. The sun on a 30 degree
> > day can make it feel much warmer.
> >
> > Prices.... yes, it's expensive to live here. My brother-in-law
> > is renting an efficiency on Baseline Road in Boulder. It is 420/
> > month. A one bedroom will cost you 600.
> >
> > My husband and I bought a house in Boulder for 194K. It's a modest
> > home, not new. The new ones cost over 200K, and closer to 300K.
> >
> > So, if you are offerred a job in Boulder, Colorado (or Boulder
> > County),
> > make sure you are well compensated.
> >
> > JFarnham
> > p.s. if you have questions about Boulder, feel free to email me.
> > --
> > Jennifer Farnham
> > email: farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu or
> > HomePage: http://spot.Colorado.EDU/~farnham/Home.html
>
> Actually I'm considering moving back and would appreciate anyone who can
> let me know of some contract or permanant positions for an Access or
> Foxpro programmer within the area. If you run into anything dropping me
> a line would really be appreciated. thanx

		          The Medicine Program
     *Free Prescription Medicine is available to those that qualify*
       E-mail: freemed_at_ims-1.com   -   Telephone: (573) 778-1118
                 Web-site URL: http://www.ims-1.com/~freemed/
     P. O. Box 4182, 2126 N. Westwood Blvd., Poplar Bluff, MO 63902