Re: Acc20: Write-conflict on records in newly created Oracle-Tables

From: Martin Schroeder <ms_at_dream.hb.north.de>
Date: 1996/08/16

In <4v13ru$5h1_at_izb.izb.de> snie_at_izb.de (Stefan Niemeyer) writes:
>ms_at_dream.hb.north.de (Martin Schroeder) wrote:

>>We create a new table like another, add the keys, copy the data from the
>>source table -- and when I then attach this table with MS-Access, I get
>>a write-conflict-warning from MS-Access on _some_ records in the table
>>(but not all!). :-(

>It would be helpful to know what kind of error message you get.

No one; just when I try to save a changed record I get the message ``write conflict error -- another user has already changed the data. Drop changes or copy to clipboard?'' or words to that effect.

>Anyway, make sure that you use the Oracle ODBC driver 1.11.002 or any
>newer version if there exists one. The old 1.10.xxx made some
>problems. I guess the problem is a NUMBER field in your Oracle table.
>Define your number fields just as big as you need them, e.g.
>NUMBER(10,3). I'm not sure if the ODBC driver 1.11.002 still have this
>problem but the old one definitly had them. This error only happened
>with some records because the numbers need to get converted to binary
>and back to decimal and some numbers "suddenly" have digits far behind
>the decimal point where Oracle still handles them an Access doesn't.
>So these numbers seem to be "different" and cause some trouble.

Absolutely strange -- but this might be the cause.

The new driver will arrive next week anyway...

Thanks

        Martin

--
               Martin Schr"oder, MS_at_Dream.HB.North.DE
Also an Frauen nasche ich zu gerne rum (die sind auch viel kalorien-