Procedures problem in Webserver 2.0

From: Jay Ramadorai <103422.1467_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/08/16

I have OraWebserver2.0.3 connecting to Ora7.2.3 on Solaris 2.4. I have a DCD that connects to a non-DBA Oracle userid called A. There is another non-DBA Oracle userid B which owns stored procedure P that accesses several sensitive application tables as well as uses the web pl/sql extensions to format the data into an html template. B (of course) has select privileges on these tables but A does not. A has execute on B.P. Both A and B have the Web PL/SQL packages installed in their schemas but the DCD connects only to A. There is a private synonym SP owned by A for B.P. When I try to execute SP using this DCD via any webbrowser, there is no error msg but the page comes page empty except for a "Content Type html" message at the top. If the procedure were owned by A instead, the page works fine. But this means granting to A the sensitive select privileges which I don't want to do as anyone can connect to A over the web. I want A to only have the execute priv on B.P so that webusers can only see what B.P wants them to see. What are my options?

     It seems like any calls to the htp package from B.P use B.htp which in turn formats the html page in an area where the DCD connected to A cannot or does not use. There is no Oracle error. I can connect to A using sql*plus and execute SP just fine. Any ideas?
Thanks
jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com

--
Jay Ramadorai