Re: Help: Moving tables and indexes from one tablespace to another

From: Randy H <rhills_at_hitachi-hisus.com>
Date: 1996/08/16

In article <4v0va6$ick_at_mtinsc01-mgt.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

   Randy Ramos <rmramos.gbs_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>There are a couple of ways to do this. As far as a recommendation I
>always lean towards Export/Import. I do this simply because you may have
>constraints or triggers on the table and these do not get copied when you
>do a CREATE TABLE AS SELECT. Before you Export the table change the
>Quota limit on the existing tablespace for the user to ZERO. When you
>Import them have them go to a differnet efault tablespace. <snip>
>Hope this helps ]
>R2
>rmramos.gbs_at_worldnet.att.net
>Independent Oracle Consultant

Thanks Randy -- I admire you, you take the time to answer many questions on this usenet group. This is to be commended.

Please clarify : You said:

-->As far as just moving indexes go.  You can disable the Primary Key, If the
-->index was created as a constraint then Enable the constraint specifying the
-->storage clause for the index which obviously you would indicate as a
-->different tablespace than the data segment ...

Please expound on the disable enable. If you could give an example of the statement I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Randy. Received on Fri Aug 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message