Object- relational technology - experiences

From: Amit Bansal <amit_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/08/16

We are trying to asses the use of object relational technology in a new project of very large size. I would to request anyone with experince in this area to share his view in respect to -

  1. Are there distinct advantages ??
  2. How is the performance ?
  3. How much saving was done in the development ? Is it more complex than simple Forms 4.5 /Oracle project.

Any other information which you can provide will be highly appreaciated. We have Persistence tool in mind for the generation of C++ code etc. If some one can provide information on experience using Persistence that will also be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

Amit

PS. Please reply to amit_at_techone.com Received on Fri Aug 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message