Re: Disk mirroring of an Oracle database

From: JCarr37863 <jcarr37863_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/08/15

  1. reseat you r memory in the sparc, and boot
  2. if you can get to the ok prompt run test-all which is a hardware diag
  3. if one drive does not run it might be that you left a terminator chip on one drive
  4. oracle mirroring took one of my clients, who would not let me help, months.
  5. you can improve reliebilty by getting some power protection hardware
  6. check out the terminators, power supply on disk drive
  7. send someone who services sun, mail order you r cpu, and have them quote you a fixed price up front to repair it.
  8. but first, make sure printenv is correct: such such as boot-from PowerStar Inc. 800-209-5556 SCSI, UPS Technologies, Solaris GSA schedule Maryland home page http://www.digitalcity.com/powerstar GLUPS= Global UPS 240v/120volt ups Deploys anywhere in the World