Supporting three instances of Oracle on HPUX 10.01

From: MunTuck Yap <mxyap_at_cdo.com>
Date: 1996/08/15

The hardware configuration for the machine is proposed to be:

    HP 9000 Series 800 Model G50

              256 MB of memory
              3x4 GB internal disk
               3x4 GB external disk

    Three instances of Oracle are to be run on this machine with the following:

     Oracle Instance      Number of users           Size of Database
         A                          45                                 400 MB
         B                          15                                 300 MB
         C                           15                                 300 MB

    Is this hardware configuration sufficient to provide the level of service to the respective users? At what stage would degradation of performance be seen? I know a lot is dependent on the things they are doing, but I like to hear some recommendations and possibilities.

Thanks              Received on Thu Aug 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message