Oracle for workgroups

From: Rick Wells <Wells_at_syrres.com>
Date: 1996/08/14

Hi, I am looking for insight on Oracle for Workgroups.

  1. we have a dual processor machine, does it require any special Oracle initialization to take advantage of parallel processing?
  2. When you install the workgroups server, all the documentaion tells you to use the default database that is set up during install... How do I move that database from my system disk to my RAID 5 array? (step by step would REALLY help!)
  3. What are the steps involved in creating a new database? (again, step by step would help!)
  4. There are some sql scripts that need to be run after db creation, most of them can be found in the documentaion but one of them I was told about, pupbld.sql,(pupbld.sql I think - or something like that) I could not find in any docs??? Yet I could not log in as anything but system without it! Any enlightenment or a point to some FAQ's would be great.

Thanks Received on Wed Aug 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message