Re: Micron Pentium Pro/Imagine 128 problem

From: Sean W. Smith <sesmith_at_cisco.com>
Date: 1996/08/13

Pstu_at_sierra.net wrote:

> I've got a new Micron Magnum Pro Plus 200 computer
> (that's a pentium pro 200 based on the intel 82450KX
> chipset). OS/2 seems to work OK, until I try to get
> decent video.
>
> The video board that came with the machine was a Diamond
> Stealth 3d. It has no OS/2 support, so I returned it.
>
> I then installed a Number Nine Imagine 128 PCI with 2MB
> VRAM. It claims to have OS/2 support, but if I run
> it in any mode other than 640x480 VGA (ugh!) I get a lot
> of random hoizontal lines on my screen that look like echos
> of other video lines.
>
> There is also something funny about the way the video drivers
> install. When I go to selective install, it says my primary
> video driver is VGA. I then select the Number Nine stuff,
> and proceed with the installation. After reboot,
> the horizontal lines appear and if I return to selective install
> it says I've got VGA installed.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about this?
> Do you know if my Micron just won't run OS/2 with
> high resolution graphics? Or is there something special I
> have to do to get the Imagine 128 board running?
>
> As for customer service, Micron just says they don't support
> OS/2, and Number Nine hasn't returned my calls (its been 2 days).
>
> Maybe I should just go back to Gateway 2K.

Why does Gateway support OS/2???? no............ I will admit though #9 is a bitch to get in touch with.

Sean

--
Sean W. Smith                                      ASIC Design Engineer
sesmith_at_cisco.com                                  Cisco Systems, RTP, NC

    http://www.webbuild.com/~swsmith for PGP key and more information