Re: Updating TNSNAMES.ORA/Upgrading SQL*Net

From: Craig M. Wall <cwall_at_petersons.com>
Date: 1996/08/13

MWilson_at_ti.com (Michael Wilson) wrote:

>Our organization support several applications that utilize SQL*Net to connect
>to our Oracle databases. Each application has its own instance and requires
>it own entry in TNSNAMES.ORA. Is there an automated utility that will
>insert/update entries in TNSNAMES.ORA? We are thinking about writing a small
>application to make sure that the correct entries are in TNSNAMES.ORA, but
>we'd rather use an existing utility if these is one.

snip!

>Regards,
> Michael

> Michael Wilson MWilson_at_ti.com
> SG Software Solutions
> Defense Systems & Electronics (214) 575-3448
> Texas Instruments, Inc. (214) 575-2628 (fax)

Oracle now bundles a windows based product, the SQL*Net Easy Configuration tool with it's client toolset.

It manages your tnsnames.ora file.

Download a copy from http://www.oracle.com

I found it bundled with the trial Oracle7 Server for NT.

Regards,
Craig M. Wall Received on Tue Aug 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message