Re: Installation problem w/Oracle workgroup and NT WS 3.51

From: Mohamad Nazri Shuib <mnshuib_at_gware.po.my>
Date: 1996/08/13

wbarnard_at_pechan.com wrote:

> We've been trying to install Oracle workgroup server on an NT WS 3.51 box.
> Each time we try and install, we get the error message that it can't find
> tcps11.vrf(0) file. Have tried contacting Oracle, but because this is the
> free try it software, they are extremely slow in getting back to us. Any
> ideas on what is causing this error? I find other vrf files in the
> installation download, but no tcps11.vrf file at all.
>
> Bill
> wbarnard_at_pechan.com

I had a customer with the same problem. What I had to do was to get the SQL*Net from the Developer/2000 trial CD.

What I would advice you is install Oracle without SQL*Net and try and get SQL*Net from somewhere else.

Mohamad Nazri Shuib                     E-mail: mnshuib_at_gware.po.my
GroupWare 2000 Sdn Bhd                  Tel: (+603) 253-5331
19G Medan Setia 1                       Fax: (+603) 253-9927
Plaza Damansara
Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
MALAYSIA