Re: SCO vs HP UX

From: Uwe Schuerkamp <stico!hoover_at_dim.chemie.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: 1996/08/13

In article <4udrta$m87_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, Debor19071 <debor19071_at_aol.com> wrote:
>I am trying to get feedback regarding SCO UNIX vs. HP UNIX. My
>understanding was that SCO UNIX has some problems (security, etc.) and
>that the HP UNIX is overall much more stable. Also, regarding performance
>is SCO thought of as faster than HP??
>
>Thanks for your feedback
>
>Please forward your replies to Deb Dawicki at 1 of the following email
>addresses:

To put it into short form, SCO sucks IMHO. Last time I checked (admittedly quite a while ago) they'd have you pay extra for *networking* software. If the standard HP-UX 2 user license is ok for you, then go for HP-UX. Support from the newsgroups has been excellent for years now.

--
Uwe Schuerkamp =======DISCLAIMER: My opinions  probably scare my bosses..
"A motion built upon human toil           --   ___at_      Think globally: