Re: pointing to VSL.INI

From: DAVID DEVEJIAN <djd_at_bank2000.com>
Date: 1996/08/12

Steve Dawson <sfd_at_qld.mim.com.au> wrote in article <320822F4.2D95_at_qld.mim.com.au>...
> When I install SQL*Net TCP/IP(1.1.9.0A) adapter for SQL*Net v1 the file
> "vsl.ini" is added to my windows directory.
>
> I am attemping to run all configuration files from a LAN instead of the
> PC and the vsl.ini file is causing me some trouble as I cannot find
> anywhere in the Oracle doco which mentions the purpose of this file or
> if it can be located anywhere aside from the windows directory.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this file?

VSL.INI is a file used with a development system called JSB's Virtual Socket Library. This library was used by Oracle in developing SQL*Net. I believe that Oracle actually admits this somewhere in their docs. For more information, check JSB's web site. (I believe that you can download the library itself.) The address is, www.jsb.com (I think. if not do a search for JSB and virtual socket library) If you need more info, let me know, I ll be glad to help.

BTW, please let me know what you learn with respect to the installation of SQL*Net on a LAN. I am trying to do so at the moment. Some of Oracle's docs refer to a 'Oracle Client Software Manager' that will allow you to do this, but I dont have it right now.

best of luck,
David Devejian
djd_at_bank2000.com Received on Mon Aug 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message