Re: normalisation vs denormalisation

From: Richard Hu <richu_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/08/12

please grow up...there are good arguments and situations for both sides. Normalization is great, but unless you are somehow perfect and get your intitial model somehow to satisfy all your development needs, its likely at some point you WILL need to denormalize...yes, I know its 'unholy' but users dont want to sit and wait for a 5 minute query to return a set... I believe what the first posting was trying to state was that in books, full normalization is great but like most disciplines...theory sometimes have to succumb to some reality..which is a valid assumption Received on Mon Aug 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message