Re: Installation problem w/Oracle workgroup and NT WS 3.51

From: Alexander Moan <moan_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/08/10

Hi Bill !
We haven't had exactly the same problem, but something thats verry similar. It was impossible to install Oracle from a CD player located on an other PC in the Network. orainst couldn't find some files even if they were on the CD (a bit different from your problem, but..).

Workaround : Copy all files to HD and start orainst from HD. OK !

It's worth a try !
Good luck !

In the article <4uip3c$p30_at_castle.nando.net>, wbarnard_at_pechan.com wrote :
> We've been trying to install Oracle workgroup server on an NT WS 3.51 box.
> Each time we try and install, we get the error message that it can't find
> tcps11.vrf(0) file. Have tried contacting Oracle, but because this is the
> free try it software, they are extremely slow in getting back to us. Any
> ideas on what is causing this error? I find other vrf files in the
> installation download, but no tcps11.vrf file at all.
>
> Bill
> wbarnard_at_pechan.com

| Alexander Moan	 --:-)		      moan_at_sn.no |
| Any statements I make are my own, and are not to be    |
| taken as an statement from my employer.                |
| Norwgian Defence Command Norway			 |
| Home Guard Staff					 |
| "Don't blame me, I just work here !"			 |