Career advice

From: Howard <magic_at_primail.pr.cyanamid.com>
Date: 1996/08/10

to all,

        I'm a UNIX Sys admin, considering a career move of becoming an Oracle DBA (probably on the UNIX platform). I believe the move will make me a better technical person, for I'll be more well rounded. Question to all:

  1. what do you think about my career move? Good? bad? will I increase my marketability?!
  2. Will the move make me a more well rounded person, and allow me to move into the management positions faster?!
  3. How do people generally perceive someone with this kind of career move?! will they see me as someone who's not focused? or someone who's well rounded?!

        Please send your comment/advice via e-mail.

  • Howard