Re: JDBC and Oracle

From: Bruce Geerdes <bgeerdes_at_igs.com>
Date: 1996/08/09

Manfred Sturm <msturm_at_itServe.ch> wrote:

>Yes you are.
>
>Rogue Wave (http://www.roguewave.com) has ported their
>successful DBTools.h++ to Java (JDBTools) which supports
>various DBMS on every platform supported by JDBC.

I didn't see any mention of JDBTools on their home page. I don't suppose they include an Oracle JDBC driver in their package, do they?

A JDBC driver (or an ODBC driver + JDBC-ODBC bridge) is all you really need to start doing database programming in Java. JDBTools may make it easier, but it's not necessary.

--
bgeerdes_at_igs.com