alerters? What are they, and how do I use them?

From: Ken Frank <ken_at_mn.csoft.com>
Date: 1996/08/09

Can anyone tell me anything about Oracle alerters?

I've been told they are Oracle's equivalent to Ingres's "dbevents", but haven't been able to find any more information about them.

Pardon the Ingres terminology, but this is what I want to be able to do (we're porting our Ingres application to Oracle):

  1. Need to know how to "raise" an alerter from a database procedure (one that is executed automatically after an insert into a certain table).
  2. Need to know how to "detect" these alerter-events in a 'C' w/ embedded SQL "daemon" program.

Thanks in advance!
Ken Frank
ken_at_mn.csoft.com Received on Fri Aug 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message