Commit and Locking problems

From: Tom Platts <santos.salib_at_a011.aone.net.au>
Date: 1996/08/08

I am having a problem with a large 4.0.13 Form which asks whether you want to commit all the time.

This occurs when some changes have been made but you want to disregard those changes and scroll next or previous to another set of records.

I you do end up going back to the records you previously modified you will get locking errors because it hasn't released the records you previously updated but said no to the commit dialog window.

These errors do not occur on fairly simple forms, but this form has 18 base table blocks and I don't really want to change it too much.

Any suggestions ? Received on Thu Aug 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message