Re: supported platform for ODBC

From: <rheil_at_cbs.com>
Date: 1996/08/08

> rheil_at_cbs.com writes:
> > Chen_Ding_at_Netmail.premierltd.com (Chen Ding) writes:
> > I have a stupid question to ask you guys out there. Is ODBC functionality supported other than Window NT, 95 or 3.1?
> > Such as unix?
> >

> No, its not. ODBC is a Microsoft-specific technology...
>
> RLH

Actually, let me clarify that ... on the client side, you must be running some flavor of Windows to use ODBC. However, on the server side, you can be running whatever platform your ODBC drivers were written to support. This support varies dramatically depending on your ODBC driver vendor.

RLH Received on Thu Aug 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message