Re: ODBC to Oracle Problems

From: Richard Woods <rawoods_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1996/08/08

Mark Walter wrote:

> Here's my problem:
>
> Using Access 2.0 on Win 3.1 machine to attach Oracle 6 tables
> running on a VAX - works 'fine' (slow)
>
> Tried same setup on Win 95 machine (still using Access 2.0) with
> same ODBC driver - doesn't work. Gives me the following error
> messages:
>
> ODBC-call failed
>
> [Oracle][ODBC][Rdb] Invalid argument value. [#-2000]
>
> If anyone has suggestions or experience with Access <-> Oracle ODBC,
> please post or email me directly.
>
> Thanks!Mark,

Your Windows 3.1 (16-bit environment) setup won't necessarily work on Windows 95 (32-bit environment) unless you've got all 16-bit or all 32-bit components, ie., ODBC-->SQL*Net-->TCP/IP-->NetBios, and so on. So, if you're trying to connect to the remote Oracle database with a 16-bit ODBC and SQL*Net client, but a 32-bit Windows 95 IP stack, that's not going to work.

--
Rich Woods, Field Support Analyst
Oracle Corporation, USA